Parts compare contrast essay
This version of How to Start a Compare and Contrast Essay was reviewed by Stephanie Wong Ken on June 30, 2015.
A good book for conducting this type of explicit lesson is What's the Difference? 10 Animal Look-Alikes by Judy Diehl and David Plumb (2000). This book provides 10 simple, compare-contrast passages about pairs of animals that are similar in appearance (such as alligators and crocodiles). A sample of what a compare-contrast lesson using this book might look like is included in the following vignette.
Find links to more social sciences lesson ideas in these Education World archives:
COMPARE/CONTRAST POETRY ANALYSIS Here are the directions for writing this essay: The poems below, published in 1789 and 1794, were written by William Blake ...
Fresh topics for essays
- Would you rather make a lot of money or fulfil your dreams?
- What is the difference between bulimia and anorexia?
- Smoking or drinking - which is worse?
- Weight lifting or CrossFit - what would you choose?
- Male friendship vs. female friendships.
- Starbucks vs. Keurig.
- Disneyland vs. Port Adventura.
- Warner Brothers vs. 20 th Century Fox.
- Paganism vs. Islam.
- Outside vs. inside beauty.
Original themes for compare and contrast essays
- Your happiest day vs. your saddest day.
- Star Wars vs. Star Trek.
- Rap music vs. rock.
- Writing email vs. sending a regular letter.
- Norway vs. Iceland.
- My two dearest friends.
- Nascar vs. Formula One.
- British Empire vs. Roman Empire.
- Working in an open space vs. working in a small office.
- Infatuation vs. love.
We have created quite a list for you, don't you think? You will definitely find something you can write about. Just remember to talk about something you have a certain level of expertise in or have reliable sources to check the information at. Other than that, grab our plan - and start writing the piece right away!